SRI Awarded NSF Funds to Continue MSD Prevention Efforts
CDMI's mission is to address pressing societal needs associated with the growing burden of MSDs. Priority CDMI research themes include:
- Characterizing MSD causal pathways;
- Developing tools for MSD risk assessment, diagnosis, and functional recovery;
- Predictive analytics for clinical care management;
- Medical device design and testing; and
- Clinical outcomes assessment with an emphasis on cost/benefit and patient value.
Its goal is to generate data on incidence, pathomechanisms, treatment outcomes, and costs associated with MSDs, and based on these data, develop new technologies for MSD prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Collectively, these efforts will result in healthier Americans and a stronger and more-competitive U.S. economy.